Thursday, 17 April 2014

Create your own wood background card

Hello again!

Today I'm sharing with you a fun technique that I learnt from a fellow crafter to create your own wood background and I love the result as you can see in the photo here, it looks like I used wood background paper.





































For this technique, you need white ink pad, I used Avery Elle white pigment ink, you can buy it from Make the day special store, this is essential.  For my card base, I used kraft cardstock, and I think you get better result if you used kraft.  I brushed the white ink pad onto my card front, it doesn't have to be perfectly and evenly covered, but you do need to go from one direction to the other, and you shall NEVER use circular motions when applying the ink.  I then used two shades of brown ink pads and repeated the same process, again, I went from one direction to the other.


















I stamped the flowers on one corner, the flower stamp is from Hero Arts, one of their very early stamp sets, I coloured the flowers with the same Avery Elle ink pad, I just squeezed some ink out onto an acrylic block and added some water, applied with my aquash brush.





































I drew some lines here and there using a fine tip black marker to create the lines of the wood and lastly I sprinkled some white ink all over the card.

I hope what I said make sense to you, wish I had taken some step-by-step photos when I was making the card.  Again, I'll submit this card to this month's Make the day special challenge.  Anyway I hope you had fun and got inspired.  See you soon.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card for our challenge Yiming, I love those chalk effect flowers on your homemade woodgrain...... love how you used the white inkpad :0)
    Thanks again for playing along in our first challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique! Glad you found the ink worked well for it and thanks for linking back to the store.

    Thanks for playing along with us again.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete