Monday, 21 April 2014

Thinking of you

Hi folks!  Today I'm sharing with you a quick and easy card that I made for this month's Clearly Besotted challenge, and the theme is spring.  When I think of spring, I think of flowers, lush green trees, weddings, new babies, lol, but one thing I like best about spring is the sunset, the colours of the sky is just amazingly gorgeous -- and this is where my inspiration for my card is from.




















I picked up some ink pads and a spotty stencil and sponged the colours over it for my background.  The stencil is actually a piece of plastic ribbon that you sometimes get in a kiddie's activity pack.  I always admire people who have tons of stamps, ink pads, stencils, dies, paper pads and other latest craft things, but as a staying-at-home mum to two little kids, craft things are luxuries.  So sometimes I just have to use what I have, and if I don't have that, make it myself.  The floral die is from Memory box, I think it's called fluttery vine, not 100% sure.  Anyway I created this sort of like a silhouette (every time I spell silhouette, I have to do a double check) spring sunset scene.  The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted Stamps 'Thinking of You', I specially chose this sentiment, because firstly I LOVE the font, it's really beautiful, secondly it's such a nice and warm greeting and just like the warm sunset.  It's always nice to know that someone is thinking about you and praying for you.

Anyway that's all for today, it's time to feed my baby.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Yiming. Perfect CAS design :) Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the colorful stenciled background with this diecut! Way to use a kiddie stencil! It's all fine to start out with VERY little craft supplies as you can get SUPER creative.Thank you for stopping by V. V. Challenge and becoming a follower, Yiming!

    ReplyDelete