Monday, 19 May 2014

Birthday flowers - part 1

Hello!  I'm here with a card that I made based on the current challenges at Retro Sketches #115 and Seize the birthday: May Flowers.







So here is my card:




































Super easy and quick.  I heat embossed the birthday sentiment (Hero Arts) on a piece of vellum, cut a fish tail edge at the bottom then adhered the piece onto a patterned paper background (Crate paper), then added some pearls around the sentiment. 

I've always liked floral background but find it's hard to use as it's quite busy.  But by adding a piece of vellum on top, it gives you that focal point without covering the beautiful pattern,  I quite like the result.

Anyway, hope you like it.  Have a lovely day.

xx

2 comments:

  1. This is just GREAT. Love the strong colors background and the delicate vellum on it. Beautiful embossing... Amazing project.
    Thank you for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday!
    Hugs, Marzena, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, that vellum tag overlay is perfect on top of the busy patterned paper! Great design. Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete