Friday, 2 May 2014

Stitched vellum card

Hello!  Today I'm sharing with you a card that I made using a stamp set from SSS called 'Blessed'.  I love this set, Kristina's handwriting is just gorgeous, and as a Christian, I've been looking for these kind of stamps for ages, and I'm really excited that I finally bought it from SSS store.

I stamped the message onto a piece of vellum and I used some glue to adhere the vellum piece onto my pattered paper base.  I knew I would mess it up because the glue would show through and it did.  Gutted!  Well I would never remake a card, besides I love the pattered paper so much and I didn't want to threw it away, so I pierced some holes with a needle and thread through these holes with some normal thread to look like stitches.  That took a long time, my cardstock is quite thick, and plus the paper and vellum and the glue in between.

Finally I added some pearls to add some more interest.  That's my card done.





































I'll submit this card to Virginia's View Challenge #3 Stitching;
The Card Concept #9 Monochromatic Purple clean and simple

Hope you like it, do play along and have some fun!

Have a wonderful weekend!
xx

5 comments:

  1. Aw...this is AWESOME! I adore the design with the stitched vellum and sentiment!! Your labor of love ( hand-stitching) really paid off! Love your gorgeous result, Yiming! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and elegant card! I love the vellum tag and the stitching is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card, I really love the stitching on vellum look here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple yet beautiful card. I love the soft look of the vellum and the pearls around the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete