Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Watercolour background - 3 shades of green

Hi all.  Today I'm sharing with you a quick card using a Simon says stamp 'Blessed' set on a very simple watercolour background.




































My colour inspiration for this card is from the latest Runway Challenge, I think the dress is gorgeous, it's very simple yet very striking.  I just love it.

So I used yellow, lime green and tea green these three colours to create this very simple but organic-looking background to mimic the floaty dress, and stamped my sentiment in black.

Also over at the CAS-ual Fridays, the latest challenge is ' Three Thirds'.  There are lots of 3s on my card:  I used 3 colours, the main focal point is 1/3 of the card, the sentiment is 3 lines, and even the gems are 3, lol.  So I'll submit my card to that challenge as well.

Do play along and have some fun!
 xx

5 comments:

  1. so pretty! Love your 3 shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is watercolor perfection, Yiming! I love the simplicity, and colors! Thanks for joining us at the RIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning interpretation of the photo! Love all the 3s, too! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a beautiful and elegant card...the watercolouring is blended and looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challegne ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful sympathy/encouragement card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete