Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Ahoy Matey!

Hello!

I'm here to share a quick card with you all.  It's my nephew's 4th birthday next week, so I made this card for him.  He's really into pirate that stuff, so I used a boat stamp from Clearly Besotted and did a quick colouring with just 2 shades of grey (CG1 and 2 from Spectum Noir), and then cut the image out leaving a white border all around.  I also stamped the sentiment on a piece of paper to ground my boat.  I put the whole thing on a piece of patterned paper, can't remember which pad this paper is from, I had it for a long time, I thought the gold embossed dragons are just so cool, and perfect for my background.  To finish off the card, I added some gold sequins to match the gold embossing and to add a little bit more interest.  And that's IT.






Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by and see you soon.

Challenge: Simon says stamp Wednesday: Anything goes/Spectum Noir marker
Virginia's view #9: All things metallic.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am LOVING the gold embossing on the pattern paper! Your 4-year old nephew is going to love it! How cool and sophisticated is this pirate card! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun look with the embossing powder! Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete