Tuesday, 8 November 2016

A red bird Christmas

Hello again.

Today I'm back with a Christmas card (well, actually two, just different background) that is inspired by the cover of my favourite Christmas book - A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg.





















I loved the cover picture as much as I loved the story, and I always wanted a cardinal stamp so I can create a card or something similar like the cover.  So when Hero Arts first brought the cardinal stamp set out, I bought it straight away.

So here is my card/cards:



I was able to make 8 cards in 2 hours thanks to my new love - misti, without it, I would have spent a few hours trying to line up the layering stamps carefully.  I could have added a few more details: like gold embossing the third layer - the feathers, I thought it would look really nice, or adding falling snow using stencils, or doing a light grey washed background, but in the end I kept it simple as I'm going to mass produce this design.

I'd like to submit this card to the current Seven Hill Crafts Monthly Challenge, and A blog named Hero.

Thank you Hero Arts for bringing out such a wonderful stamp set!  And thank you for dropping by.

Love,
Yiming


I'm currently out of town, if you want to contact me, please email: yiming8205@yahoo.com  Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Classy, and full of understated elegance - what a super card! The Cardinal is really festive and adds a cheery warm feel that looks great against the contrasting background card colour. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Seven Hills Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that is using your inspiration! Love the use of the Hero Arts Cardinal on our Holiday Challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. We are really celebrating it big this month so I'm wishing you good luck on your entry. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, and your inspiration behind your card makes it all the more beautiful! Perfect submission for this month's challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts this month x

    ReplyDelete